Ideas to work on during the day:
- We could try to have p4c and P4Runtime use as latest a protobuf version as possible. Users may have apps on their machine which use higher version of gRPC/protobuf which messes up p4c/P4Runtime.
- Flexsai code has issues after porting from Python 2.7 to 3. I have filed an Issue but no one has worked on the issue. See https://github.com/opencomputeproject/SAI/issues/896
- Complete bmv2 PSA implementation. Before March 1st, we should document with an Issue for what is incomplete with bmv2 PSA.
- We should document bmv2 backend code as well.
- By March 1st, nested struct support in p4c p4runtime generation and PI server should be complete. We could develop more tests in p4c and PI.
- Support emit for struct in bmv2 backend. See https://github.com/p4lang/p4c/issues/1659
- Few days before March 1st, we scan the p4c and PI Issues list and collect some that can be fixed in a day.
- Implement different IPv6 switching types in data plane as defined in this IETF draft. Use P4Runtime to configure the data-plane to use one of many switching types.