Ideas to work on during the day
1. We could try to have p4c and P4Runtime use as latest a protobuf version as possible. Users may have apps on their machine which use higher version of gRPC/protobuf which messes up p4c/P4Runtime.
2. Flexsai code has issues after porting from Python 2.7 to 3. I have filed an Issue but no one has worked on the issue. See https://github.com/opencomputeproject/SAI/issues/896
3. Complete bmv2 PSA implementation. Before March 1st, we should document with an Issue for what is incomplete with bmv2 PSA.
4. We should document bmv2 backend code as well.
5. By March 1st, nested struct support in p4c p4runtime generation and PI server should be complete. We could develop more tests in p4c and PI.
6. Support emit for struct in bmv2 backend. See https://github.com/p4lang/p4c/issues/1659
7. Few days before March 1st, we scan the p4c and PI Issues list and collect some that can be fixed in a day.
8. Implement different IPv6 switching types in data plane as defined in this IETF draft:
<draft:https://tools.ietf.org/…/draft-baker-openstack-ipv6-model-02>. Use P4Runtime to configure the data-plane to use one of many switching types.